Sep 4, 2013

Virtual Memories

I've learned a lot of things this summer. I'm not going to talk about that, though. However, I also made a few neat discoveries about the area around me. But...I don't remember things well, I get distracted too easily to journal, and the interwebs has lots of pretty PDFs to share. Also, I lose things, so the idea of the magical ether gnomes storing info for me, and allowing me to add posts  from any one of the zillions of devices via methods only previously dreamed of (dude, seriously, you can text a post....), well, it's pretty magical.

And I had a couple of not great weeks. Culminating in a 7am trip to the e.r. vet for my cat, Darwin.

After he and I woke up from drug-induced naps, I decided that recording past and future journeys here will solve a) the problem of the forgetting and the storing the logistics and the planning future trips and the remembering those trips, and b) it'd make me happy to have this record.

Finally, and most importantly for, dear reader (catch the reference? If not, you need to sit yourself down with Harry potter and an Internet connection), I've found out some awesome things about natural areas in Michigan, the state I currently call home. If you like Michigan and nature (and/or beer), I've got deets. Ones that have been tricky to learn about except from other bloggers, helpful but not always finished or up-to-date. I'm gonna try to fix that in my explorations.

So, check in often. I go on weekend journeys and random excursions, and am planning some big trips in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment