Apr 6, 2014

Quick update from a dq in Bland, VA

I know I'm behind on updates, but cell service has been a nightmare thru Tennessee, and my birthday and some family stuff back home took up all my time at the last two town stops.

Day 35, march 25th: hiked 12 miles in heavily falling snow. By the time we got to the hostel, wet and frozen, 8 or 9 inches had fallen and there were drifts above our knees. We stayed at Kincora, a very famous hostel on the trail. Nice place, and we could dry our socks, but there was no heat so we froze until we crawled in our bags for the night.

Day 36, March 26-  24.3 miles, mile 441.3. That was rough. In snow. But we made it to a shelter and didn't have to tent. So we sort of dried out....kinda.

Now we're at mile 587, and I promise I'll fill in the back log, but gotta buy more food and hit the road. We've got another 6 or 8 miles to do after we hitch back to the trail.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment