Jan 30, 2014

Who Wears Short Shorts?

Or in this case, short hair? In the near future it's gonna be this kid!

In my memory, my hair has never been shorted than my chin. I realize that, as an adorable red headed infant, it was pretty short. But ever since I can remember, I've had a long head of hair. It's currently down to my butt. Loooonngg. I go to sleep and have to throw my hair over my pillow so it doesn't choke me in the middle of the night. I love it. It's so long, I don't even DO anything with it and it's weight just let's it hang nicely, even of I go to bed with wet hair or throw it in a bun all day.

I started growing it out when I was living in Ithaca, NY, and a friend told me she sold her hair. Planning to leave for a second round of grad school, I thought it would be a great way to make a little spending money. I've donated my hair a few times before to Locks for Love, so while it's definitely selfish, I feel entitled to make bank on it, just once.

Anyway, my hair is not as long as I wanted it to be before I sold it, but with the AT coming up, I know I can't maintain my hair. With the potential snarls, I might even lose length on the trail. 

But the big news is that I just scheduled my hair cut! I called up Salon Nuveau in Bay City, where my cousin works on the weekends, and talked to someone named Lori. She apparently worked with my mom when I was a baby and knew who I was. (there's just something about a small town, I tell ya)

Anyway, we've got a 2 hour appt on Friday, Feb 7! Ahhh! I'm gonna get my first pixie cut! Here are a few pics of what I'm thinking. I'd like my hair to be a styled as a longer pixie so it grows out more quickly.

If you're in the area and want to meet me and have a drink, I'll be looking for liquid courage while rocking my new look downtown around lunchtime. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I ever gave you the contact info for the guy I sold to, but if you don't have a buyer set up already I'd be glad to pass that along! He's in the Netherlands and supposedly (is or at least was) THE middleman in the high-end hair trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did, I contacted him, and he's buying it! Woot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad to hear he's still in it!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete