Feb 15, 2014

White, sandy beaches

As Jesse puts the final touches on his thesis, I'm in sunny Anna Maria Island, Fl being kissed by the sun.

Truth be told, its actually been 60 or less most mornings during my walks, and crazy windy all day. I've decked myself out in my hiking smartwool most days to stay warm.

But I've been taking pictures of cool coastal processes for teaching back in the real world, done some reading for my dissertation, and, yeah, had a bit of fun.

We've seen dolphins flipping, wind surfers dancing on the waves, and we went to Harry potter land (aka universal).

I try to dedicate the mornings to work and the evenings to play, and get out on the beach to see geology in action all morning. I refuse to pack shells, though I will regret it when I enter the teaching world.

Also, we got to see a ton of talking parrots and macaws, and my dad joined the Moose Club.

That's it for now, soon well be on the trail and the cushy vacation life will be a distant memory. For now, hiking seems like sweet repose from the 'get up and go' vacation lifestyle we adopt here. (Seriously, 5 hours of sleep is asking a lot from this vacation....I know, poor poor me).

1 comment: